Thursday, May 10, 2012

Finally, Some Results!

There is a God! After two weeks of calling and emailing the recruiters, there is finally a plan!

The Power of Attorney has been recovered, I found my Marriage Certificate, and the plan is to head to Fairchild Airforce base tomorrow morning. Fairchild is the closest military installation, so thats where I have to go to get enrolled in DEERS. Which is what allows me to be eligable for Tricare.

I am so relieved to finally have this situation getting wrapped up! I have been trying to limit stress since my last OB appt and this whole thing has just been making me super stressed.

If you are reading this, and don't know what DEERS or Tricare is, look at my list of page links and there will be a few useful ones for you.

If you are in the same situation as me, and are trying to figure out what needs to be done, here are some tips:
  1. Get your PoA and DONT let it out of your sight. Keep it safe.
  2. Gather all of your documents. Picture ID, Birth certificate (yours), Marriage Certificate, and SSN Card.
  3. Make sure you know your husbands SSN. The Husbands recruiter didn't mention that I would need it, but I have read in lots of other places that if your spouse is in the military, you had better learn those nine numbers by heart.
  4. Make sure your spouses recruiters KNOW that you want to get this taken care of. You don't need to be rude, but I definetly got more results after I made sure they knew I was getting impatient with the waiting games.
Anything beyond these tips is beyond your control. So as stressful as it may be...

                                       "Just keep swimming!"

No comments:

Post a Comment