Monday, June 17, 2013

Fathers Day

Yesterday was the first fathers day for my husband and he chose to spend it playing video games and relaxing. I preferred spending a day at the beach (mothers day), but to each his own.

I am thinking about parenthood today; about the ups and downs of raising a child who seems hell bent on ending his own life in a very painful way. This little boy of ours seems determined to injure himself or his parents; a couple of days ago, he bit me and today he learned to climb the stairs.

 I was upstairs picking out some stuff to sell at a yard sale when I heard my husband shouting for me to come see. So I poked my head over the railing and saw my son, who was concentrating very hard, two steps up ans climbing. I panicked. I did not know whether to take a picture or scream!  Eventually, baby boy scared himself and tried to throw himself down the stairs, but my husband caught him before any damage to person or property.

You know in Harry Potter when the people get stunned by "stupefy!"? Well, thats how I feel when I remember that I am the parent of a toddler. My eyes get big and my heart stops like I am having a heartattack. Not because I am sad or angry. I just can't believe it. I cant believe that a year ago(almost) I gave birth and now he is big enough to walk around the house, crawl up the stairs, get in the pantry, and generally making chaos. Just thinking about it makes my brain crash, like a computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment