Thursday, December 6, 2012

Jealous

As you can see, if you have investigated this page, I love to read other military spouse blogs. It makes me feel like I'm not completely alone in this lifestyle. Anyways, I noticed today that SO many of the wives have pictures of their weddings. Totally beautiful. But it made me contemplate a difference between me and most other marine wives; I married a man who became a marine. Most marines are 18ish when they enlist and usually aren't married. My husbands class only has one other married guy. Therefore, the majority of wives MUST have gotten married after their husbands were already marines.

Then BAM, I realized I was jealous that I didn't get to have the military style wedding; the one with my husband in his dress blues. I didn't really have a wedding, by choice, but I am crazy jealous.

I guess that my advantage is that my husband will never have to worry about having married a woman who only wanted the military life and the prestige. (Not that I am accusing anyone. I just assume that's an issue somwhere.) I married my husband when all he had to his name was a ford taurus and an x-box. I doubt that I fall into the golddigger catagory.

Also, I got to know the man, not the marine who had been shaped by bootcamp and combat. I fell in love with a (mostly) gentle soul. I wonder if most wives know the man behind the uniform? I guess that depends on if the military really does change you. I am on the fence since I don't know 100% if my husband is the same person now. I haven't really seen him in about nine months. His boot leave and my visit to CA don't count since they were such short periods of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment