Monday, May 7, 2012

Little Things That Make Me Miss My Husband

Today, after finally recieving three letters from my dear dear husband, I was just sitting and thinking about all of the little things that I miss. So I decided to share some of them for funsies. Maybe they will make someone laugh.

  1. Certified Spider Killer- I realllly dont like spiders. My father made me watch Arachnaphobia when I was a little girl, so you can guess how traumatized I was by that. So it has been nice for the last three years to have a man that didn't mind taking his big shoe and smashing those creepy bastards.
  2. Foot Warmer- Does anyone else use their husbands as foot warmers? When it gets so cold at night that the blankets are enough and your husbands inner thighs are the only solution to frosty toes. No? Well I did. He generally let me, as long as it wasn't to close to his stomach.
  3. Calendar- My husband is the best at reminding me of things I need to do on any given day. My memory is comparable to a fly so it is really nice to have him there to remind me to take my vitamins, pay that bill, etc. Not that I didn't do the same for him. "Use the floss" is one of my favorites. Without the husband here, I keep forgetting the little stuff! I have gotten used to the crutch of his wonderful memory.
  4. Advocate- Anyone else have a family that is hyper critical and doesn't really care if they hurt your feelings? Well I have one of those. I love them regardless, but it is really nice when you have someone who is always willing to stand up for you. My husband is always willing to go to bat for me regardless of how it will make him look. Thats a man right there.
  5. Back Scratcher- I have an itchy back; dry skin probably. Danny is SUCH a good scratcher. He chews his nails, so he has really sharp nails that are wonderful at getting the itch beneath the skin. Hoorah for terrible habits!
  6. Tech Support- So my Danny is a nerd. Think collectible Halo paraphenilia. So you can imagine that we have plenty of electronics that tend to have issues that he doesn't bother to replace because he knows how to fix it. Like the xbox disc tray. He knows how to make it eject right. I can't do that without making the situation worse. He is my own personal geek squad.

No comments:

Post a Comment