Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Enlisted VS Officer

I was googling away today and decided to see if the enlisted wives club at Lejeune had a website(see if I could start making some friends).

But all I could find was the officer wives club. And I started thinking...

I understand that officers and enlisted men shouldn't socialize. Just common sense. But why are they segregating the WIVES. We aren't the ones in the military; no rank on my shirt. So why am I made to feel inferior to an officers wife? That doesn't seem right!

I'm new to this lifestyle so I cringe at the thought of making waves, but I can't keep my mouth shut. I don't care if your HUSBAND is a general, well I do since that's wonderful for him, but I am not a second class citizen because my husband is junior enlisted!

I'm really glad I don't have a huge following right now. If an officers wife at lejeune is reading this, I'm probably setting myself up for failure...gah.

In other news, I'm trying to get my scattered posessions boxed up and ready for when my husband gets the moving part of PCSing figured out. I still have so much to do. I need a binder to organize everything. Hmm...food for thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment